03 July, 2017

The Closet That Keeps On Giving

The quilting is done on "Red Hot Summer", the binding and label have been attached, the handwork to see it through to completion is ongoing; in the meantime the next oldest flimsy from the stash closet is up, on deck, and ready to go. Quiltkeemosabe reminded me this morning of the year that this block-of-the-month represents: 2008. Nine years old, not bad. This one will be custom quilted, no pantograph this time. The pattern for these blocks came from Quakertown Quilts; I decided on the linear, on point, setting.  No name has been assigned yet; any ideas?
And so, I set to work; feathering everything in my path!
Each block will get it's own variation on the theme.


Meanwhile this is going on. Needless to say, it will all be worth it in the long run. However, dealing with this mess, dust and chaos on a daily basis are sorely testing my anxiety level. The kitchen is done, the dining room and foyer are currently under assault. Next week, the studio. YIKES! I may just break out in hives thinking about being banished for days on end. I have a BIG project planned during the painting session in there, clear down at the other end of the house, it's one I have been putting off and welcome the forced eviction (at least that's what I am telling myself today); a complete cleaning out of my dresser drawers and closet! 😲  That should take a while and keep me out from underfoot. We'll see... 

Life is Good!

8 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

holy chaos batman! your feathers are gorgeous! while i admire such beautiful machine quilting, i am still a hand quilter....keep calm and sew on!

AnnieO said...

At least you're not doing the painting too! I find cleaning out clothing the easiest part of a bedroom organizing job. It's keepsakes that kill!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful quilting, Mrs. G!
Oh, wow, I think I'd want to be kept busy on the other end of the state!!

jude's page said...

I think I might prefer to be painting than clearing out of my wardrobe, that's a job I have been putting off "forever". Lovely feathers, well done.

a Matula ikrek said...

It will be all worth in the long run - yes, but how to survive 'till then, that's the harder part. :)
I like the quilt in progress, I would name it Little pieces of Christmas because of the colors in it. And then the feather patterned quilting refers to angels. :)

Little Penpen said...

Your quilting is gorgeous; love the feathers! Hang in there on the chaos! You have a beautiful home!

45th Parallel Quilter said...

I feel your pain. We've been in this house for 5 years and there are STILL boxes from the move that haven't been touched in an upstairs storage room. I am almost afraid to open them for fear of mice and/or critters that may have taken up residence in all this time. HOWEVER ... my goal this summer is to go through and either earmark for use or donate whatever hasn't been touched since we've moved here. Time to purge and I so agree with AnnieO about keepsakes and heirlooms being the most difficult to make decisions about. Also photographs ... do they MULTIPLY in the boxes???? Linda

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.